Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Father's Day ~ Card and Gift

For Father's Day this year, I wanted to do something a little different! I just recently bought the Martha Stewart Scoring board and learned how to make rosettes. So, I made a small rosette for the front and monogramed it with a "F" for Father! 
Father's Day Card ~ Rosette
Continuing along with the theme of doing something different than I usually do! I decided to decorate the picture frame mat. My family and I went to Shingletown (CA) for Memorial Day weekend and one of the adventures that we went on was a hike to Burney Falls. The waterfall was amazing! My mom had taken a really cute picture of all three kids (my sister, brother, and myself). I decided the picture was so great that would be a perfect Father's Day present (and it wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg)! Using the "Going Places" Cricut cartridge I was able to create the little embellishment (in the lower left corner) that says "Happy Trails." My dad LOVED it!
Father's Picture Frame ~ Burney Falls Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment